Home Tutor / Governess Required, NT
We are a family of five living 250 km NE of Alice Springs on a remote cattle station.
We have three fun loving kids ( yr6, yr5 and pre-school) who study through Alice Springs School of the Air.
We are seeking a fun, enthusiastic and energetic Governess who would love to be part of our family from April- December 2019
We're looking for a Governess for the 2019 school year.
The pay range we are offering in around $600 - $700 week depending on experience and the working week is Monday to Friday plus Saturday till midday. Days and hours may vary depending on social events. We offer full board and private air conditioned accommodation with internet provided.
-Must have a genuine interest in tutoring kids and lead by example
- Experience with Google Drive and similar programs an advantage
- First Aid & Working With Children (WCC) clearance preferred
- Interest in rural lifestyle
- Fluent English and a good understanding of spelling and mathematics
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 12 months
School Room Responsibilities
School room responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
- tutoring / preparing lessons
- marking school work and uploading work to Google Drive
- regular communication with teachers
- creating a fun and safe classroom environment
- maintaining a clean and organised classroom
This varied role includes additional responsibilities outside of the school-room. This include (but are not limited to):
- assisting kids with their morning and afternoon chores
- helping out in the family store (stocking shelves, unloading truck, etc)
- helping out around the house and station when required
Hours of work
Monday - Friday, plus Saturday mornings - hours may be irregular.
Our family station is based 250 km NE of Alice Springs, NT.
We are 2 1/2 hours from the major shopping centers and one hour from Utopia community which is well renowned for it famous aboriginal art works.
You would have opportunities experience outback events such as rodeo,campdrafts & other horse sport events.
Why you Should Apply
Accommodation and meals provided
Opportunity to experience station life
Opportunity to explore amazing scenery on horse back
Opportunity to participate in horse events such as campdrafts and gymkhanas
This job is suitable for 417 (backpacker) visa holders.
Ley Kunoth 0889569171 0488410148 firstname.lastname@example.org