Enthusiastic and Experienced Governess Required for Biodynamic NQ Cattle Property
We are seeking a reliable, enthusiastic and experienced governess to teach Prep, Grade Two and Four in 2019 (and beyond!) .
Start Date – late Jan 2019/ASAP in preparation for Term 1.
We require a governess who is organized, responsible and who has excellent communication skills.
Our governess will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced with Distance Education to ensure that our children can work to their highest ability.
All curriculum is provided through Charters Towers Distance Education. Our governess will have their own single air-conditioned accommodation in our new quarters complex, with shared kitchen, bathroom, laundry and living areas. Wi-Fi, electricity, telephone and all meals are provided.
Remuneration is provided through the Longreach In Home Care scheme and is highly competitive. Being involved with IHC will require our governess to meet IHC requirements and we will happily assist you with your application.
• Love for education and children
• Excellent communication skills
• Organised and responsible
• Experience in the school room (Distance Education or mainstream)
• Capable of independent and team work
• Technology experience with Distance Education network
• Driver’s License
• Willingness to have a go
• Good work ethic
• IHC requirements (we will provide support with your application)
- Prepare and organise the weekly program and schoolroom.
- Supervise the children's work and help as required (but do not do the work for them).
- Prompt return of set work, readers, assessment etc.
- Assisting and supervising older children to submit their own work.
- Monitoring and checking completed work.
- Organise and clean all resources and monitor craft/stationary stocks etc..
- Filling out necessary feedback reports for the teacher.
- Ensuring children attend audio lessons.
- Attend necessary school functions.
- Keep the schoolroom tidy (guiding the children to clean up after themselves)
- Keep your own quarters neat and tidy.
- After school supervision may be required during busy periods (e.g. mustering, branding etc.) If extra hours are worked then flexibility with your hours will certainly be arranged.
Hours of work: School hours can vary due to curriculum and grade requirements; however, a normal school day will be 8am -3pm, with flexibility possible.
School will operate as per the CTSDE school timetable, with flexibility to catch up on weekends or holidays – only as required – in the event of mustering, branding etc.
The governess will need to allow additional time to prepare lessons (e.g. an hour before school in the morning and again in the afternoon) – and will also be required to help prepare smoko, lunch and afternoon tea for the children.
Our family live on a progressive cattle property in North Queensland, situated 2.5hrs (140km) drive west of Ingham and 3hrs (250km) from both Charters Towers and Townsville on the Burdekin River.
Our property is biodynamic and organic and provides plenty of learning opportunities outside of the norm for both our children and our governess.
We are close to the beaches of Mission Beach and Cardwell, the night life of Townsville and the Cowboys stadium as well as natural delights such as Paluma rainforest, Wallaman Falls, Magnetic Island to name a few.
Why You Should Apply
Children that are well behaved and keen to learn!
Great pay with room to increase, based on performance.
Passionate and enthusiastic team environment.
Young co workers and family.
Progressive cattle property where old ideas are challenged! Biodiverse business with opportunities for further education and development.
PLEASE NOTE, unfortunately this job is not suitable for backpackers/ working holiday visa holders.
Applications close 15th January 2019
Please email applications to email@example.com